our Polices & COVID-19
Please see our updated guidelines and safety measures outlined below.
*Report all Covid-19 illness for tracing, and/or questions to Carly Pederson.
Email: Carly.email@example.com or leave message at: (651)-747-6690
To be sure everyone is comfortable and safe, 4SDC has developed a set of protocols for our students, faculty, and families. These protocols will be updated based on the current situation and guidelines
All touch points in restrooms, front desk area, lobby and cafeteria will be sanitized regularly throughout the
day/evening. Our staff will be cleaning dance rooms between classes by wiping down high traffic areas and surfaces (floors, barres, doors).
- Hand Sanitizers will be available throughout the studio and frequent hand-washing will be encouraged.
- All dance rooms are outfitted with air purifiers, suitable for each space.
- Social distancing limits our dance rooms to the following maximum capacity for dancers:
- Room 1 = 22
- Room 2 = 14
- Room 3 = 22
- Room 4 = 20
- All staff will perform a thorough hand washing or apply hand sanitizer at the start and end of every class and also use hand sanitizer during the class as needed.
- Instructors will eliminate hand holding and hugging from our classroom routine. “Air hugs and air high fives” will become our new norm for now.
- Staff will be encouraged to wear a cloth face covering whenever possible, particularly when working in close contact with students (such as greeting students upon entry, helping a student with shoes, etc…) and whenever they are in the common areas of the studio where a 6ft distance cannot be maintained.
- Instructors will monitor social distancing throughout the duration of each class.
- Dancers should come dressed and ready for dance class – use the restrooms only for going to the bathroom and hand washing, NOT changing clothes unless absolutely necessary.
- Please only bring a small bag with required dance items (dance shoes, skirt, or other accessory), personal hand sanitizer, and water bottle to class – please leave other items at home or in your vehicle.
- Dance rooms #2-#3-#-4 will have a specific door by which to enter and exit clearly labeled.
- Dance room #1 will utilize the exit door to the parking lot when schedule permits.
- Dance room doors will remain open when possible. Doors should only be opened and closed by the instructors.
- If you need to be sized for shoes, if possible please make an appointment with front desk.
- Parents needing to make a payment in person are asked to do so during their child’s dance class.
their student has any new symptoms consistent with Covid-19. Symptoms of COVID-19 can include cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell. If you do not have access to a thermometer you can
have your student’s temperature taken at the studio. Dancers with a temperature higher than 100.4 F
should remain at home.
- Dancers should go to their assigned classroom and wait outside the studio door marked “Please Enter Here”until instructed to enter. All room assignments are notated on our schedule of classes and will also be posted in the studio lobby.
- Dancers will enter the classroom and place belongings at designated places, then proceed to the dance floor where it will be marked with taped “X’s” or 6ft squares on the floor.
- Parents will not be allowed to wait in our facility for their dancer.
- Parents of dancers ages 7 and under may walk their dancer to their designated class and wait with them until class begins. Parents walking into our facility are required to wear masks.
- Parents of dancers 8 and older are asked to wait outside the building until class is finished.
- For parents of dancers under age 7 or those not able to wait outside, we ask that only 1 parent or guardian enter the building and that they follow social distancing and respiratory etiquette, including but not limited to maintaining 6 feet of separation from others in the building and wearing a cloth face covering.
- Parents of dancers age 7 and under may walk into the studio 5 minutes prior to the end of their dancer’s class and remain in the lobby (while maintaining social distancing and wearing a face mask) until their dancer’s class is dismissed. All other parents must meet their dancer outside our front door or in the parking lot in their cars.
- Please be aware of dancers in our parking lot when you drop off and pick up your dancer. Avoid blocking traffic in and out of our studio parking lot. Please do not stop your vehicle at our front door and wait at length for your dancer to exit the studio. 4SDC will provide supervision for our younger students exiting the building.
ZOOM: If the state declares another “Stay at home order”, all classes will continue on zoom until the order is lifted at regularly scheduled times. Tuition will not be adjusted for zoom classes in this situation.
Please stay home and zoom if:
- Your dancer or anyone in the family shoes signs of fever or illness, has recently been in contact with anyone who shows signs of illness, or has had a fever in the past 24 hours.
- You don’t feel comfortable returning to the studio yet.
- You cannot comply with our procedures.
- You or a household/family member have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- You or a household/family member have come in contact with someone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19.
- Please notify us 2 hours ahead of scheduled class times to set up zoom arrangements.
- Face masks are mandatory in all lobby and common areas of the studio.
- We encourage but do not mandate the wearing of face masks while dancing. Please bring a clean dry mask to the studio for classes.
- Dancers wearing face masks in dance class, dancers may need to take “mask breaks” if they are exerting themselves and
having a hard time breathing or feel dizzy and light headed.
- Water breaks will be encouraged
Please review our studio policies and procedures listed below. We are happy to work with you to provide your dancer with the very best dance instruction. As your instructors at 4th Street Dance Centre, we take pride in continuing to offer you a high standard of dance training. We believe quality dance training should be taught in a “fun” environment where creativity, dedication, and self-esteem develop while emphasizing strong technical skills in an enjoyable structured atmosphere. Dance is a demanding and complex skill requiring patience and determination, both from student and teacher. We pride ourselves in serving the individual needs of each student while building confidence, self-esteem, and respect for others.
Please do not bring food, drinks, or gum into the dance room. Only water bottles are permitted. All food and drinks (except water) should be consumed in our lunchroom only – not in hallways or lobby.
All classes begin on time so plan on arriving 15 minutes early. Dancers arriving more than 15 minutes late to class will be asked to properly warm-up on their own before starting. This is strictly a safety issue as a student could suffer serious injury if they have not properly stretched. It is also disruptive to the instructor and other students to have class interrupted to accommodate a late student.
OBSERVATION OF CLASSES
In order to provide your children with the highest level of instruction, we need the parents to work with us when observing your child’s class.
Every room has a window and seating areas to conveniently view the dance class. Siblings are welcome to observe through our observation windows as long as they are well supervised. Do not let siblings hang on doors or lean up against the viewing windows. Our instructors reserve the choice to close the blinds during class if the observation is too distracting to the dancers.
RECITALS AND SHOWS
Every year we have our annual recital in the Spring and we have added a small Holiday Show for the younger dancers in December. These shows are optional, however most of our dancers do participate. This is a wonderful opportunity for dancers to showcase to both family and friends what they have accomplished throughout their experience in our program. Parents will receive more information regarding the Holiday show in October and information regarding the Spring recitals in November.
Please feel free to contact us at any time you have questions or are unclear on the above-mentioned policies. Call us at 651-426-9644.
TUITION AND PAYMENT POLICIES
Participation is on a month-to-month basis. Tuition is due the first class of each month. Payments can be made by credit/debit card, cash or check. You will have until the 10th of each month before late fees apply. A late fee of $5/month/dancer will be charged to your account for tuitions not paid by the 10th of the month. Late fees also apply to competition fees and costume fees that are not paid by the posted due date. By signing your child up for classes at 4SDC you agree to the above payment policy.
Accounts must be paid in full at the year’s end in order to receive recital tickets.
NSF FEE: A fee of $34 will automatically be charged for any checks that come back to 4SDC as Non Sufficient Funds.
REGISTRATION FEE: A $25 registration fee per student (maximum of $50 per family) is due upon registration This non-refundable fee defrays 4SDC administrative costs, and covers the cost of registering and maintaining your family in our records.
Payments for classes are due at the time of registration, and will be prorated for enrollment in mid month. This enables us to keep a more accurate count of how many students are enrolled for each class and prevents overbooking of classes. Our tuition is based on a 4-week month. No additional charge is assessed for months that offer five classes, it always evens out. In months where holidays, studio closings, etc. affect the schedule of classes, tuition is not reduced. Tuition is not prorated for absences. Please see your instructor for make-up classes available.
Any increase in tuition fees will be preceded by a 60 day notice.
Thank you for your patience and help in navigating on how to continue to make our studio a safe and fun environment for all of our students. While none of this is ideal, it is our new reality in order to get our kids back into our studio. Our staff and customers are our most important assets. We are serious about safety and health of all who come through our doors.
Register online anytime, or by phone Monday-Thursday 5-9pm.
For futher information, please contact us at (651)-426-9644 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org